17 April 2017

A Blessing of an Easter Snow

Friday morning was what seemed a rude awakening.  As the curtains were drawn back to reveal a new day, exasperated sighs of discontent were breathed into the room.

The ground had been blanketed with a new pearly white cover of snow, and it continued to fall to the ground in a hurriedly speed.

No, No!  I said to myself.  This cannot be, for it is now the month of April and we have had a lengthy winter.  Will there be no end in sight of this flurry of a continuous storm.  Please God, enough.  My heart desires the warmth of the sun, the sound of the birds chirping in the air.  Please, a respite of fresh spring air.

This was not to be.  The snow fell all day long, leaving a cascading glow of ice crystals from north to south and east to west.  The skies appearance took on the downy softness of a grey goose.

I groveled in my self-pity of not being blessed with feel of sunshine upon my face.  Bitterly I complained to an empty room, however, nothing would stop this storm of gloom.

The day became evening, and my husband and I went to bed under the snugness of our bed linens.  As we slept, the weather left no clues of the day before.  It was sunny, however, still cold.

My sister and I had made plans to spend some time on Saturday.  While visiting with her I spoke of yesterday's storm.  Oh she said, wasn't that the most beautiful snow storm?  Before I could answer with a resounding, 'NO', she told me of a local news story that she had heard last night.  There is woman reporter who has worked for our city station for decades and while she was preparing for her day, she listened to her favorite Christian radio station.  The station reported about a family here in town who is celebrating Christmas, Easter and their daughter's birthday all in one fell-swoop.  It turns out that their child is about seven years old and she is dying.  The sweet child had made some final wishes, and one of them was for snow since her family was giving her the gift of a last Christmas.

Oh how my heart cried at that very span of time.  There and then, I was conscious of the pain and prayers spoken on behalf of others.  My narrow-minded wall came tumbling down and I now stood in the presence of God's hand at work.  Instead of self-pity, I was granted to share in a miracle made for one of Jesus's precious children.

My sister's heart was filled with sadness for this child and all I could think of was that those who remain, mourn out of the act of relinquishing the life of the one they will miss, and that this child will be celebrated upon returning home to her Lord.  The angels will be singing for her home-coming.

God's goodness is boundless.  He endows us with blessings seen and unseen everyday.  In every snow storm, henceforward, I will try to contemplate the unseen miracles with fresh and kindled eyes.    

Hasi

5 comments:

  1. What a precious blog! Thank you. It's really touching. Snowing now? That reminds me of a scripture from the book of Isaiah! "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Our sin shall be washed and purged by the blood of our Messiah. He is alive. He made us white and pure in God’s sight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ariella,

    You are a blessing. I love reading your words of wisdom. You know the Bible so well.

    Hugs!

    Hasi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Hasi, God's goodness is indeed boundless! You are such a beautiful and precious lady. Thank you for sharing your love for the Lord in such a touching way.

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered your blog. Your writings are beautiful with words that flow in color in your Love for God. Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

A Glimpse of My Life

This is a partial photograph of my kitchen.  I spend a great portion of my day in this room washing, cleaning, mucking about, and ...